Annual Scholarship Award
The Alabama Chapter of the Soil & Water Conservation Society fosters the science and the art of soil, water, and related natural resource management to achieve sustainability. We promote and practice an ethic recognizing the interdependence of people and the environment.
***Please review the eligibility requirements for 2020. They are different from previous years.***
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an Alabama College or University majoring in a soil and water conservation related field (majors may include bio-systems engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, agronomy and soils, environmental science, landscape architecture, or other similar majors).
- Be a rising Junior or Senior.
- Be in good academic standing with the College or University.
- Be enrolled for the upcoming fall semester. (Scholarship will be awarded at the Chapter’s Annual Meeting).
- A prior year recipient of this scholarship is not eligible to apply again.
Applications can be submitted as hard copy or electronically.
* Must be postmarked on or before April 30 *
Send hard copy applications to:
ATTN: Leah Duzy
P.O. Box 116
Auburn, AL 36831
Send electronic applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact:
Perry L. Oakes, PE (email@example.com)
This scholarship is valued at $2,000 and is available each year. The Executive Board of the Alabama Chapter of SWCS will select the scholarship winner. The Alabama Chapter of SWCS reserves the right of not awarding the scholarship in any given year, if by doing so would be in the best interest of the Chapter. If funds are not used in any given year, they will remain in the account for use the next year. Scholarship funds will be awarded at the annual meeting of the Alabama Chapter of SWCS.